Family Law Attorneys
Maryam Atighechi, CFLS is a Certified Family Law Specialist. She was elected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star, an honor reserved for the top 2% of all attorneys in California who exhibit excellence in their field and has been featured in Los Angeles Magazine, Super Lawyers Edition every year for a decade. She was also honored with the award of Top 10 under 40 with the National Academy of Family Lawyers Association (NAFLA) and rated as Top 50 Up and Coming Women Lawyers in Southern California and Top 100 Up and Coming Rising Stars in Southern California by Super Lawyers.
Maryam’s legal career focuses exclusively on family law. She began her career in civil litigation representing a number of plaintiffs whose civil rights were undermined by major corporations and insurance companies in both state and federal court. Maryam is unique in that she has jury trial experience which gives her an edge in the courtroom. While handling civil matters, she took on a family law case and quickly learned that her passion is in handling child custody cases and helping clients through their difficult personal lives.
In Family Law, Maryam is focused on obtaining the best possible result for her client. Whether aggressive litigation is necessary or a more collaborative approach is required, a strategy is immediately devised to obtain results. Maryam works with the client, provides a listening ear through the most difficult time in his/her life, and remains compassionate without compromising aggressive representation. Maryam knows that her clients are faced with the most valued treasure, their children, and will guide them through the legal proceedings to ensure their legal rights are met.
Maryam obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular and Cell Biology from the University of Connecticut. She attended Western State University School of Law where she earned a Juris Doctorate degree. While at Western, Maryam was one of a select few to be chosen to represent the school in national moot court competitions based on her superior writing and oral skills. She was honored with the opportunity to travel the nation and represent the school in mock trials.
Maryam is admitted to practice law in California State Court, the United States District Court for the Central District, the United States District Court for the Southern District, is a member of the American Bar Association, the Los Angeles Bar Association and Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles.
Maryam also sits as Temporary Judge, Judge Pro Tem, for the Los Angeles Superior Courthouse on occasion.
The Atighechi Law Group sincerely hopes you allow us the opportunity to guide you through these difficult times.
Ji Park CFLS
Family Law Attorneys
As a product of divorce, I identify with how a family is impacted by divorce and the myriad of issues that come with it — custody, alimony, child support, property division, and so forth. I started this law firm with the goal of being a tireless, fearless and caring advocate for people’s unique family law problems and struggles.
I believe that, aside from mastery of the law, what sets a truly great lawyer apart is devotion to her clients’ best interests and scrupulous attention to a client’s individual needs and goals. After all, every family law matter, like every family, is unique.
At Park Family Law, we provide our clients with the highest quality legal representation by working harder, preparing more, and obtaining results that best serve our clients’ needs. Whether it is through mediation or litigation, we are fully equipped to deliver optimal results and help empower you to take control of your situation. Ji Park, CFLS is of counsel to the firm.
- Successfully mediated high-asset divorce settlement involving multiple real properties, significant spousal support obligation, and complex tax issues.
- Successfully mediated divorce settlement involving asset and debt division, waivers of spousal support and the refinance and buyout of the parties’ marital residence.
- Lead trial attorney in over 100 cases involving allegations of child abuse or child neglect.
- Successfully represented chief executive officer of international premium denim company in settlement of divorce.
- Successfully represented chief financial officer of a major Hollywood film production company in various matters, including obtaining a domestic violence restraining order, custody orders and postnuptial agreement.
- Successfully represented major television producer’s parents in highly contested guardianship matter after death of children’s mother.
- Created cohabitation agreement for an American philanthropist and heiress who serves as president and board chair of a multibillion-dollar philanthropic organization.
- Successfully regained visitation rights for mother of two children who had wrongfully been withheld visitation for over four years, in highly contested child custody case.
- Successfully represented mother in contempt proceeding against father (represented by Public Defender’s Office), ultimately resulting in rarely issued incarceration order against father for failing to abide by prior court orders.
- Successfully represented father in two-day highly contested child custody trial against mother who sought full physical custody of child with special needs.
- Successfully obtained award of guardianship of minor child for client in same sex, competing guardianship case.
- Successfully obtained unsupervised visitation rights for recovering addict father against mother seeking sole legal custody and limited supervised visitation for father.
- Successfully represented physician in settlement of divorce, involving highly contested issues of child custody, asset and debt division, and child and spousal support.
Awards, Accolades, Publications
- Certified as a Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization.
- Selected as a Super Lawyer in Family Law, an honor reserved for the top 5% of all attorneys in California who exhibit excellence in their field and was featured in Los Angeles Magazine, Super Lawyers Edition.
- Appointed as Temporary Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles.
- Appointed as Fee Arbitrator, State Board of Trustees for the State Bar of California.
- Selected in 2002 for the highly selective and distinguished position of law clerk to a federal judge (Hon. George S. Singal of the United States District Court of the District of Maine). During Ms. Park’s tenure as Judge Singal’s law clerk, Judge Singal was appointed as Chief Judge of the District of Maine by the President of the United States.
- Selected in 2000 for the highly selective and prestigious position of legal extern to Judge Robert J. Timlin of the United States District Court of the Central District of California.
- Quoted in Go Banking Rates article, “9 Reasons a Prenup Isn’t Worth the Cost” (2017).
- Quoted in Avvo stories, “How to Get a Prenup Even After You’re Already Married” (2016).
- Rated 10 Stars by Avvo.com.
- Boston University School of Law, JD
- Cornell University, BA